Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Optimistic Otis, Pessimistic Paul and Realistic Ricky Walked into a Bar...



Last night after a few consecutive days off I rechecked my online schedule. I have to do this because I swear the company I work for is out to get their employees! When hired I was told to check the online scheduling system every day because a shift might just "pop up" and I would be held accountable for filling it. I work a temporary retail job and I really do love what I do, I even wish it was not a temp job! I would be thrilled! All I do is find places for things at a large mall store. I get to organize things by color, size, style and get to choose a lot of what I work on. It's also the perfect job for me since I don't have to work with customers much. I love people, but I really strongly dislike customers but I can explain that at a later date. With that being said I really would like to impress a boss or two in hopes that I could convince them to let me stay or hire me again. I am a very punctual person and pay very close attention to my work schedule apparently only MOST of the time...

Thanksgiving is tomorrow and today I was going to work from 7:00 am -11:00 am (not bad, not bad) and I would still have time to go to the store to get food ingredients for my contribution at tomorrow night's dinner with my in-laws. Well, I thought that was how my day was going to go but ...

8:00 pm Tuesday night bedtime. Very early, I know, but I had to wake up at 4:30am the next day.

2:00-4:00 am Wednesday Can't sleep. I have been waking up at night and not sleeping for weeks now. Okay so I admit, I was feeling a little bitter but what's the point in sleeping now? I have to wake up in 30 minutes and there is rain beating down on our thin roof. BANG BANG BANG SPLASH. Can't sleep.

3:30 am I get a text from an old friend saying she was driving her husband to the airport since his grandfather was not doing so good. Well that is really sad! I hope everything is okay and there is nothing I can do. I tried to go back to sleep...

4:30 am  I woke up from sad dream, at least that was over and slept a bit. Kicking my feet over the bed and sitting up for a second I realized I was nauseous, really nauseous. Well, sometimes that happens when I wake up early. That should go away in a bit.

4:35 am  Shower time. It helps me wake up and I feel it gives me a new clean start, but as I sat in the shower I also realized my throat and ears really hurt. Okay, I feel a little sick and don't want to be sick so I try to distract myself. I moved closer to the shower head looking at the patch of warped ceiling directly above that had been there since we moved in. Curiosity struck and I wondered if the shower had caused this damage or if rain water was going directly through the roof. I pressed my finger into the soggy ceiling. Shit. There IS a leak.

4:40 am  Out of shower. That is right. Our shower only lasts 5 minutes and because I was busy poking the ceiling I forgot to wash anything.

5:00 am  Okay so the day can still turn around. I have been really negative lately and I wondered if I was just seeing the bad in everything. I put my make up on ... over my acne, yay. Suddenly at 21 my body decides this is a good time. I covered it up. I look fine!... Hopefully.

5:40 am I woke up my husband since he was going to be working for some family today. They are sort of like great our great Aunt and Uncle. Our "Uncle" is retired I believe and has a ton of property where he has built his very expensive hobby. A mini train station with a long running track, one big enough a few people can ride. My 4 year old brother would go nuts if he ever knew something like this existed. Today Jared would be helping him build more of this track or some engine pieces, in the pouring rain. So he was not necessarily friendly when I woke him up.

5:50 am I rechecked my schedule since I am such a worry wart. 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM

I did not sleep worth beans last night. I feel like crap and it can only get better. Right? I mean planning my whole day backwards can not be that hard right?

6:00 am Time for Jared to leave, but his car wont start again. Once again we are jumping his car in the pouring rain and I did not realize there was a large puddle or a small lake in the driveway next to my car since it is so dark out. I am wet half way up my shins and I don't want to move or help Jared one bit. I want to lay in my car and   just die, or at least sleep with dry clothes on.

6:10 am I am smiling, hugging Jared and just laughing at this point. What else would be appropriate? I made the choice to remember I am married to my best friend. I get to make fancy food today. Thanksgiving is tomorrow and well dang! I AM ALIVE!!!!!!! Which is incredible. The rain is pouring to help the grass and soon it will be snow! So far today sucked and hopefully it will improve, but I have a lot of life to live right now and I am not going to be a Negative Nancy about it. Life is about being here now and right now I am going to be HAPPY!.....Or else! :P

7:24 am  As I was posting this my computer just shut down! ah!!! At least it saved. The End.

Ps. Just a thought, maybe I should not pray for patience so much.... hehehe. Have a good Tofurky day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment