Thursday, November 3, 2011

What does church mean to you?

Church. 
Kind of intimidating for the first word of a blog right?

Let me start over...
Church. 
I have always felt like it was
SUCH A DRAG.
Yet that is one of the words that wont leave my mind.

I would apologize, but please let me continue.

Is church the building with quiet hallways filled with whispers SHHHHH!!!! Don't talk so loud. Is it the squeaky pews or stained glass windows? Is it the place with silk flowers where weddings, funerals and Sunday school take place? 



Ummm I think not.
Not like this. Not like them.
I mean REAL PEOPLE IN REAL PLACES. 
Coffee shops, hang out spots...


Just hanging out in your yard.

Romping through the woods.

What is church to you? I am open to all answers...

I am a woman who not just believes in God, but knows God. I have felt Gods love, first hand and it is impossible to explain the power of that, you could only know what I mean if you have been there before. So I am not just stabbing in the dark here hoping I am right. God is. .... Simple as that.


 Still following? Okay, now say the words "START MY CHURCH" would not leave your head. It has been this way since I really truly met God.

.... And I am still just me. Changed, but still just... ME!

No one particularly gifted, never involved in a "church". Yet I know of God/Love (same thing) and I know it flows through everything... creating, living, existing and wrapping all things. A timeless infinite miracle we can not comprehend with our ego's as blinders.


WAKE UP! 
We live with our ego blinding us! And the saddest part is, most people don't and wont ever know it.

 
What would you do if God told you to start his church?

To me, "church" is people. The number of people does not matter nor does the place or time. To me, church is everyday within you, if you can find it. If you can see it, if your not afraid to share it. I am still trying to figure this out and I'll be praying for guidance.  Any thoughts you would like to share?

I am going to start this "church" my husband and I. I am not sure when or how or what all that means yet but someday and soon. 


MOST SINCERELY, Challice.




2 comments:

  1. I have a friend that posted this the other day and I feel the exact same way...He just put this so wonderfully.

    Some music is so overpoweringly beautiful to me that it's agonizing. Everything stops and I just want to walk into a deep forest and disappear forever. Among other things...But I think it's what some would call "spiritual". Romantic isolation with the eternal personalities and spirits of nature, seeing what could be above it, ominous, perfect, haunting.

    I think a combination of this and having true relationships with others; deep, shallow...doesn't matter. Just growth. Growing relationships towards something bigger and more then yourself. That's where God is. It has nothing to do with location, time, etc.

    I love when you wrote..." And I am still just me. Changed, but still just... ME!" I had this horrible misconception all my years growing up that I had to act differently, better, perhaps even perfect to get God's love. Then, and only then could I "show" his love to others...So as you can guess, it didn't happen all to often, because when perfection is expected...it almost never comes by. I have found what you wrote recently too. I can be me, be who God has made me, mistakes and all...and still show his love to others. Still glow radiantly in his light. Because God made me to be me, and I wouldn't change me for anything!

    You girl, are amazing. Thank you for starting this. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha No need to thank me, Thank YOU for taking the time to read what I wrote. I'm just trying to figure out where my life is going and what God wants of me. I wanted to share my thoughts unafraid of what others think. I am getting closer and closer everyday to not worrying about how others perceive me. It is a weird kind of freedom I suppose. Aside from that who posted something similar? (In your very first little paragraph) I just wondered what he thought.

    Hope to see you soon, Challice.

    ReplyDelete