Friday, February 24, 2012

Champagne D'Argent ...





...What a fancy name you have!


Hello everyone! I hope you have had a great week!
We have great news! We had decided to get two baby bunnies! I mean, how exciting is that?!
I am still waiting on Jared to pick his rabbit, at first I don't think he was too interested. Maybe he thought "a bunny is a bunny" kind of thing, but after showing him a ton of available breeds, well, we shall see. It will be interesting to see what he picks. I love that guy. Anyways, I have chosen a purebred Champagne D'Argent. The breeder has been so kind and is going to be sending me pictures of their progress, what a nice lady!

Baby bunnies, I AM YOUR FATHER!


One of these fluffless loves is coming home with us in April. They were born just 2 short days ago!

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *




As babies, they are born black, 
but within a month each start to develop 
their unique coat patterns. Their under color 
is a short slate blue/black coat and with age 
they developed a second longer white coat 
giving off a silver effect.



 http://www.flatlandfarm.com









Champagne D'Argent 
is one of the worlds 
oldest breeds.


We are going to have them help with the garden this year, using their waste for compost and fertilizer. Also Jared might incorporate them in his mushroom growing activities. But really, who needs a ton of reasons to get an animal? I just love 'em. I could own a hundred as long as I had the time and space. :)

I am so excited! 





Hope 
your 
week 
is 
going 
well!


No comments:

Post a Comment