Monday, February 6, 2012

February Flops



Have you ever seen these beautiful hanging balloon decorations?
http://artperspective.wordpress.com/2011/10/21/wedding-spheres/

They look easy enough to make...

But I tried to make paper mache out of whole wheat flour, which I quickly learned does not work.

And what makes it worse is I was trying to be extra fancy and make hearts out of them using 2 balloons + red and pink yarn. It made sense at the time. But I still don't know why I did not wrap the yarn around instead of just piling the yarn on top. The "whole wheat glue" looked a lot more like vomit then everyone else's. I guess I should have stopped then. Oh well, I know how to fix it for next time. I think I will put them in my classroom in pastel colors for Easter/Spring, until then, this was a 

FLOP

No comments:

Post a Comment