What you will need:
- 1 Tablespoon of garlic.
- Half a stick of butter
- About 25 sticks of asparagus
- Half a cup chopped onion
- 1-2 Cups of sliced mushrooms
- 1 Cup of sour cream
- A Medium handful of pasta noodles
- 1/3 Of a package of tofu chopped into cubes
- A dash or two of salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- As much grated Parmesan as your heart desires!
The Tofu Part:
- Cut a stick of butter/margarine in half and place it into a small microwavable bowl with the garlic.
- Nuke it until the butter melts.
- Soak the chopped tofu in the butter/garlic mixture. Sprinkle an itee-bitee amount of salt in the bowl.
- Make sure to coat all the tofu cubes then set aside.
The Asparagus Part:
- Bend the bottom ends of your asparagus spears and they will snap at their natural breaking point.
- Toss the bottoms. (They are very dry)
- Cut the asparagus into inch long strips.
- Boil asparagus in 1 inch of boiling water with a dash of salt for 3-5 minutes.
- Immediately rinse and strain to prevent over cooking then set aside.
The Mushroom + Tofu + Onion / Pasta Part:Do these steps at the same time.
|We used some of our home grown oyster mushrooms. Mmmmm!|
- In a large skillet on medium heat, empty the bowl of your soaking tofu garlic mix plus your sliced mushrooms and chopped onion.
- Leave the lid off.
- Cook until the pasta is "al dente" with a tablespoon or so of oil to prevent the noodles sticking together and add a dash of salt.
- Once the pasta is done, drain and set aside. Check your pan of mushrooms. If you think they are all done (which they should be within a couple minutes of the noodles) turn off the pan and throw in the asparagus to reheat.
- <------ Like the picture to the left.
Put the sour cream
As much parmesan as you see fit
A dash of salt and pepper
Mix the awesomeness.
You know you want too!
Put all ingredients together.
The best pasta ever!
Hope you enjoy.