Thursday, January 5, 2012

2 Projects and Other Ramblings

People are so fascinating to me, because everyone is different
Everyone has their different tastes, hobbies, skills and traits. It's really easy  to enjoy people that embrace those things about themselves. People like that are the most interesting, groovy sorts of people. They have so much to show the world and are not afraid to bring themselves to the "table of life" that we all sit at.

Most people imagine themselves quite a bit different than they are in reality 
but as long as you have a grasp of how you actually present yourself on this earth, I'd say you're just fine.
In my head when I see myself, I imagine black waving locks even Rapunzel would envy.
I'd be wearing a huge gothic victorian gown sitting in a forest at the edge of an ebony grand piano.
That's pretty far from reality considering I have never wore a crinoline caged dress and I can't play piano.(Yet!) Not to mention I am naturally blonde, born in 1990, and just a little too 
late for corsets and boots like these:



(Beautiful right? Well if you think so I found theses on http://recollections.biz)

Yet I wear corsets and shoes like that anyway, since it is a little more socially acceptable at this point. ;)
It's a shame we don't live in a world free of judgement so people could be just exactly who they want to be.
All of that aside there are still things I can and will do with my time here, and those things do not actually build who I am at all. It took 21 years to realize that truth. I am still me without my hair dyed, piercings in, cool clothes, violin, tattoos, sewing machine or any THING since all of those things are subject to change.
Who you are is in IN you, it's something you can't take out.
It's your heart, soul, higher being, whatever you want to call it, 
and that does not change with my nose ring in or out. 

With that being said, here are the two projects I am working on. 
The hardest part is I just want them done, so I can have something tangible that I did!
But as Miley Cyrus said (Yes, she is a tween pop sensation and 
I am sure she did not even write the song but it has a very good point) 

"There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side
It's the climb"

I restrung my violin on my own for the first time last night!

 I am pretty pumped about sewing these. 
I really have not sewn with patterns before but it should be fun!
The finished product will be posted soon! 

This is my "I restrung my violin when everyone said it was going to be too hard" face. :)
Well, I may have got an ittee bittee amount of help from my husband,
when I walked by him with a hammer he decided it would be best to step in for moral support.

Hope you enjoyed my thoughts. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment