Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Going Easy on the Ornaments



I have been living out of the nest for quite a few years now but as anyone who has ever moved out of their parents house empty handed knows, it takes a LOT of time to get the furniture, dishes, decorations and bed set you want. I always dreamed that when I moved out I would buy everything brand new from IKEA. Hahahahaha!!!!! What a laugh now. I still am borrowing desks, couches and coffee tables. The house we moved into came with an entertainment center and kitchen table (think goodness, since we lacked both) and it sounds silly but it is actually very nice to not have to own a bunch of "stuff". We don't have a ton of money, this does not bother me since I always find ways around it, but we still don't have a ton of ornaments. I want this Christmas to be really special for Jared since it our first house together (last year he kinda just moved into my apartment) and our tree looked rather bare which saddened me since the emptiness reminded me of my wallet. SO  I found some cheap ribbon and ran it threw the branches of the tree a few times to fill up space. Ta-Da! A million times prettier! What do you think? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment