Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Too many Apples Cobbler

My back yard has five apple trees and only two people live here. We have a ton of apples and yet my generous in laws felt we did not have enough! They gave us a huge bin of 4 different types of apples from eastern Washington. They are SO good. But like I said, we have a TON! So, what to do? Yesterday I made a super easy apple cobbler and tomorrow I am going to try my best to make cider (totally excited for this!) we just need to get our hands on a juicer.

So here is my recipe for a tasty apple cobbler!

What I used for





Apple Filling:
3-4 Apples, I used a Mixed Variety (Cut into 6-8 pieces)
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon of Cinnamon

Topping:
1/2 Cup of Oats
1/2 Cup of Flour
1/4 Cup of White Sugar
5 Tablespoons of Cold Butter
and I substituted chopped nuts since I did not have any,
with granola to get that CRUNCH I was looking for.

Optional:
Caramel sauce



Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Wipe off all apples.
  3. In a large bowl mix apples, brown sugar and cinnamon until evenly coated.
  4. Grease an oven dish with at least 1 inch walls and transfer the coated apples into the pan.
  5. Put all the toppings together and mix well. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
  6. Crumble toppings over your apples and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
  7. Add caramel if you like to the top and let stand 10 minutes. Lava hot apples are tempting but just DON'T!!! :)


As I was making this dessert, my husband was bathing Maps.
She ran out and hid in our camera bag... not a happy kitty!

Enjoy!!!!!!

1 comment: