Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Mushroom Stuffed Eggplant

When I was a kid I had the best eggplant dish ever! Having not remembered anything about how it was served, cooked or anything I attempted to cook it up. It was a huge disappointment so sadly I stayed away from them ever since. But yesterday when at the grocery store I thought, "Hey, why not? " ...We went home and cooked it. Probably one of the best things I have ever made!! There are only a few ingredients and takes less than an hour to get every thing all done! It was super impressive and I want to share it with my in laws, maybe just to butter 'em up. ;D

So here is what you will need:
1 Good sized eggplant
1 Cup of Bread Crumbs 
1 Cup Shredded Cheese
2 Tablespoons of minced Garlic
1/2 A Stick of Butter
1/2 lb of Sliced Mushrooms
1/2 Cup of chopped onions
I forgot to include bread crumbs in this picture! Sorry!
I guess I was not expecting them to look like this inside! I had to image search "Eggplant" to be sure this is what they were supposed to look like. Tee hee

Today we learned Maps likes chips. :)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 Degrees
  2. Cut eggplant in half and scoop out insides with a spoon
  3. Put eggplant skin/shell in a greased baking dish using some of the butter stick, cover in tin foil and put in oven while doing the next few steps, cooking the skin alone for a little bit will help it be more tender
  4. Chop eggplant into little cubes
  5. In a large skillet heat butter until melted then add mushrooms, garlic, onions and eggplant. Stir and cover for 8 minutes
  6. Add bread crumbs and half of your cheese to the mixture
  7. Take out eggplant shells and fill them, place back into the oven and bake them for 15 minutes
  8. Put the rest of the cheese on top of them and place them back in for 5 minutes
  9. Add a dash of salt and pepper if you'd like! 

Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment